Benefits of water play
There are massive ways in which children acquire and cultivate skills. A child can learn new ideas and skills by observing, listening and repeating things they notice, from the people around them. A unique way to help young children cultivate ideas is through water play. Water-play can form the basis of stimulating, engaging and educational activities for children. The whole activity is also very cost effective and doesn’t entail too much preparation!
Here is a list of the enormous benefits of water play.
- Develop social and emotional skills through water play. Water play gives children many opportunities to develop crucial social skills when they are working with others. It is a great way for children to learn on how to take turns, share space and the play things in the water.
- Develop problem-solving skills through analysation. As children maneuver water playthings, they begin to comprehend why and how things happen.
- Water play encourages the development of eye and hand coordination through pouring, squeezing, stirring, painting, and squirting. Children build up their gross motor skills by running and hopping through a sprinkler.
- Language development. Children can not only enjoy water play but also enrich their vocabulary.
- Creative development. Water inspires children to use their imagination. Also, water encourages children to try out new ideas and solutions to problems while playing with other kids.
Depending on the activity being presented, children can always benefits out of water play which can be both calming or stimulating. Kids and their energetic splashing and kicking and running around in the water get an excellent outlet for suppressed energy. A great way for kids to have fun and let off steam!
Consequently, water play can be a fun activity and also give children the opportunity to exercise and learn many valuable skills. However, it is important to remember to never let children play in or nearby water unsupervised.